I've been getting some emails on Bag It so it seemed like a frequently asked question post was in order.
Does the bag need to be from one of the Elm Street Quilts tutorials?
- No. Any bag from any pattern or any tutorial or your own creativity is valid.
Do I need to join anything - like Facebook - to play along?
- No. You can share your bag via your blog if you have one. Or via Instagram if you use Instagram. If you don't have a blog, don't use Instagram and don't use Facebook, you can still upload your photo and then send me an email to record your entry.
I made 6 bags. Do I need to share a photo of each one individually?
- No. One photo will work as long as all 6 bags are visible in the photo.
I made a bag last summer. Can I enter that bag into Bag It?
- No. Bags need to be made between September 19 and December 16, 2016.
I already shared on Instagram (or the Facebook group). Why to I need to also record my entry?
- To keep my head from exploding. Seriously! I need a fair and easy (for me) way to run the random number generator to choose the winners. By entering into the link up, I've got a nice organized record of all the entries.
I'm just too busy right now with other projects (or work, or family stuff) to make bags. Those sponsors are awesome, is there any way to play along even if I don't make a bag?
- The sponsors are awesome and they've given us some really terrific prizes. You can earn entries just by visiting a series of 5 blog posts and showing some sponsor love. Start here and follow the links on the bottom of the post to find the next one.
I am having trouble adding my photo from Instagram into the link up. Help!
- First, check out this tutorial on linking from Instagram. If you are still having problems, no worries. Just record your entry this way. It will still count! I'm trying to figure out why some people are having issues and some aren't using Instagram and the Link Up.
I am having trouble adding a link to my photo from the Elm Street Quilts Facebook Group. Help!
- Sadly, this isn't going to ever work. (Which I just realized!) The Elm Street Quilts Facebook Group is a closed group so no one can see those photos outside of the group. And I am not going to make it a public group because people are making and sharing gifts that are supposed to be a surprise! So, two options for you - you can upload your photo from your computer after you've already uploaded it to Facebook or just record your entry this way
I'm still a big confused. When do I need to email you?
- Any time you need help.
- If you don't have a blog and don't use Instagram or Facebook but want to enter.
- To tell me things are awesome. (thanks, Mom.)
Any more questions? Add them to the comments and I'll update this post.
Have a wonderful day! Patty