For additional information, please visit the play event page
How will the play QAL work?
The QAL will feature weekly posts, each Monday - February 13 through April 3. Each post will contain:
- a prompt for an improv block or technique
- sequence of photos for that prompt
- finished mini quilt for that prompt
- sneak peak at the following week's prompt
On April 10, we'll discuss tips for assembling all your pieces into your final quilt top. During the actual QAL, I'll also be making my own improv blocks to be be assembled into a final quilt to be revealed during the parade. (A parade? !!!)
How do I play along?
You can try some, all or none of the weekly prompts to play along with play. The objective is to experiment with the art of improv. The prompts and photos are there to inspire you to unlock your own creative possibilities.
Although I'll be sharing mini quilts along the way, you don't need to make each mini quilt or a mini quilt at all. Just make at least one improv quilt of any size and share!
How to I get ready?
- gather your scraps and fabric. I'll be using my collection of American Made Brand solids.
- find some colorful thread for your FMQ. Here is my Aurifil collection.
- look around you for inspiration
- come ready to quilt without rules
Schedule for sharing -
- Share anytime in the Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook Group
- Share anytime via Instagram #playimprovqal and @elmstreetquilts
- Share in the progress - blocks, bit and pieces, whatever you have done - in a linkup March 13 through March 27
- Share your final quilt top (quilted or not) in the linkup April 10 - April 30
- Submit your favorite piece by May 1 via email for the parade post on or about May 3. More information on the parade will be available in April.
There will be prizes!
- Prizes will be randomly awarded to participants who share their projects in the April linkup and/or the Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook Group and/or the play parade of finishes. See overall event page for more specifics on prize packages.
|American Made Brand has supplied lovely precuts for prizes. Aurifil has supplied three thread packs for prizes.|
- There will be five (5) winners, selected on the day of the parade post and announced in a blog post once each winner has confirmed their prize. Winners will notified by email and requested to acknowledge and confirm their prize within 48 hours. If I don't hear back from them, another name will be randomly chosen.
Here is your sneak peak of the clue for Monday February 13
Have a wonderful day! Patty