Welcome to play!the sponsors
An improv QAL
An improv QAL
Excited to play along? I hope so!
Sign up for the Elm Street Quilts Newsletter to make sure you don't miss any information about the QAL.
play with color, play with shapes, play with fabric.
For play, there will not be a pattern, or any step by step tutorials, or any information on fabric requirements.
For play, there will be weekly prompts that you can choose to embrace or ignore, social tags and linkups, a parade of finishes and wonderful sponsors with prizes (randomly awarded) to participants.
We'll explore all kinds of improv prompts in play. Put text in your quilt or don't. Make wonky log cabins or don't. (Get the idea?)
the schedule (subject to slight changes)
weekly prompts, each Monday, from February 13 through April 3
progress check-in linkup (now open!) March 13 through 27 and continually through Instagram and Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook Group
quilt top (quilted or not) linkup, from April 10 through April 30
finish play parade May 3; (submit finished quilts via email for the parade by May 1.)
American Made Brand solids, one of my blog sponsors, has a collection of 75 beautiful colors of fabric completely manufactured in the United States - from the cotton to the finished fabric! The fabric has deep rich color and I love the feel of the fabric (the hand.)
American Made Brand
Aurifil is home to a beautiful rainbow of thread in all weights, perfect for any of your sewing and quilting needs. My favorite product is the designer collection boxes which coordinate with various fabric lines.
the social tags
American Made Brand has supplied a collection of precuts
Aurifil has supplied several thread packs.
The rules -
- Prizes will be randomly awarded to participants who share their projects in the April linkup and/or the Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook Group and/or via Instagram with #playimprovqal tag and/or the play parade of finishes.
- A charm pack will be randomly awarded to one (1) participant who shares their work in progress on Instagram or in the Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook Group. Share as often as you want - each share will count as one entry. For an entry to be considered valid, it must contain #playimprovqal. Any photo shared from February 6 - April 30 with proper social tags is considered valid.
- A charm pack will be randomly awarded to one (1) participant who shares their work in the process link-up March 13 through 27. For an entry to be considered valid, it must be shared from a blog or from Instagram. Blog posts must contain a link back to the Elm Street Quilts link-up post. Instagram posts must contain #playimprovqal and @elmstreetquilts.
- A thread pack and a mini charm pack will be randomly awarded to two (2) participants who share their work in the finished quilt top link-up from April 10 to April 30. Quilt tops do not need to be quilted. Participants are welcome and encouraged to link up more than one finish but ONLY the first quilt top linked up will count as a valid entry. For an entry to be considered valid, it must be shared from a blog or from Instagram. Blog posts must contain a link back to the Elm Street Quilts link-up post. Instagram posts must contain #playimprovqal and @elmstreetquilts.
- A thread pack and two (2) mini charm packs will be randomly awarded to one (1) participant who shares their work in the finished quilt parade. Parade entries will be sent via email. (More details in April.) Parade participants are not required to share via Instagram or a blog. Parade winner will have choice of Aurifil thread pack. Participants can share a final quilt top in the finished link up and submit that same finished quilt top for the parade.
- The five (5) winners will be selected after the deadline for parade photos has passed. They will be announced in a blog post once each winner has confirmed their prize.
- Winners will notified by email and requested to acknowledge and confirm their prize within 72 hours. If I don't hear back from them, another name will be randomly chosen.
- Rules are subject to change without notice and may be updated for clarity at any time. Please email questions to elmstreetquilts at gmail dot com.
the blog buttons
Grab a large button - a large one (300 x 300 pixels)
Or a small button (150 x 150 pixels)