|Each QAL had a button!|
My goal at Elm Street Quilts is to run several QALs each year and provide the opportunity to make something fun together and make new friends!
Join the Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook group and share your QAL progress and be the first to learn about the next upcoming QAL!
Get ready for play - an improv QAL!
See the main event page and the announcement post for more information!
Here is a summary of the QALs from 2015 and 2016. Tutorials and patterns are still available.
repeat QAL completed in August 2016. Paper pieced blocks were released for each of the letters, several letters each week. There was also option for traditional piecing a smaller 'quit' quilt. The pattern is available as well as the entire paper pieced chunky alphabet in my Craftsy store.
Bargello QAL completed April 22, 2016. The information and tutorials are still available so you can still make your very own bargello. There are two sizes available - the Queen B (finishes at 36''square) or the Baby B (finishes at 16'' square).
Both Queen B and Baby B use 2 1/2 inch strips so you might find just what you need already in your stash.
The QAL posts were as follows:
- Kickoff and Sponsor Introduction
- Fabric Requirements Queen B or Baby B
- Bargello Basics - Assembly begins
- How to read a Bargello cutting chart
- Bargello assembly
- Quilting the bargello
Harvest QAL completed October 2015. Participants created versions of this fun wall hanging which finished at 36'' square.
The pattern was available for free download during the QAL and is available now in my Craftsy store.
Word 16 completed January 31, 2016. Participants could create whatever kind of mini they wanted and there is a tutorial available for the mini featured in the picture.
The objective was to:
- Choose one word (or a small phrase) that will become your focal point for the year.
- Make a mini quilt - as simple or as fancy as you want - so that you can place that mini quilt somewhere for daily inspiration. (And to keep it simple - as long as there is a word on fabric it counts. You don't have to stitch the word on - you can write it on. You don't have to quilt your finish - maybe it is a small embroidery project.)
- Share your mini and a few words on why you choose the word and join the linky party. Keep reading for officially entry form
Bag It (fall 2015 and fall 2016) was an awesome event featuring tutorials on all kinds of bags perfect for gift giving. The whole purpose was to encourage handmade giving for the holiday season.
The tutorials are all available from the tutorial tab. Bag It was such a success that it will be back in 2016!!!