Wednesday, February 17, 2021

100 Days to QuiltCon Project is Done!

Back on November 16, I decided to start a 100 days to QuiltCon Together project encouraged by others who are doing the same.   My goal was to use up all these miscellaneous scraps of white-ish fabric and a whole bunch of solid scraps by making baby 4-patches.

My "make a baby 4 patch a day" goal quickly morphed into joining 9 together into a 6 1/2'' block.  At first this seemed much more satisfying but it later morphed into way more work than I anticipated.            

Several times I considered not continuing.  What was the point, I thought?  I certainly wasn't actually doing work on the project every day - I'd just batch things up every 2 weeks or so.  For example, all the seams were pressed open as I went - I'd batch up steps for pressing too which meant the creation of a single blocks was also spread across many days.

But once I got close enough, I decided to make it happen.   

Ta da!  100 blocks!  And QuiltCon Together begins tomorrow!  Sometimes I surprise myself when I actually get something like this done!

My next step is to square them up and sew them together in groups of 4!  And I've already got an idea for my next 100 day project.  This time I will keep it small and doable in a day!

Have a wonderful day! Patty


  1. Your project morph is great! Love seeing all those solid bits being used-up, and with white, you just can't go wrong. Looks like you'll end up with a nice-sized quilt. I'm happy your 100 days worked out so well!

  2. Congratulations on persevering! What a delightful quilt, and it’ll remind you of Quiltcon and how you powered through!

  3. What a great quilt this will be, but more importantly, hooray for making it through the 100 days.

  4. Wow! This is an accomplishment! Congrats on making 100 blocks and Happy QuiltCon Eve!

  5. So many wonderful colours. Congrats on getting the blocks done.


Thanks for visiting Elm Street Quilts. Looking forward to hearing from you!