I choose the word Discover to frame my 2016. My goals were to:
- Discover a balance for my day of friends, family, exercise and my writing
- Discover whether I have what it takes to become a published author
- Discover how to grow the community around my blog
Discover was a good word for me. I am very happy with the progress I made on the first and third goal. Both will continue to be areas of focus in 2017.
I stayed away from the second goal. I did make progress on my writing but I was also very good at finding reasons not to focus on it.
As a result, my word and focus for 2017 is to be brave.
|Fortune cookie message from January 2016|
Brave to really focus on my writing with some serious goals to make a book draft real this year. Brave enough to sit and stare at my keyboard even if no words are flowing. Brave enough to seriously edit what I have already written. Brave enough to seek feedback on what I've done.
Ok, it's out there. Saying it out loud makes it harder to ignore, right?
Besides the writing, my quilting and my blog will be big parts of my day.
My blog goals for 2017 are -
- Motivate others to participate in the One Monthly Goal linkup event
- Inspire others to try new things with two QALs.
- Encourage handmade for the holidays with the annual Bag It event.
- Share what I've learned by publishing tutorials monthly
- Explore paper piece block pattern design
- Improve my FMQ skills and make a mini each month
- Challenge myself to explore color
- Improve my skills with Inkscape
Finally, I want to be 'needle ready'. Whether it is knitting, binding or an applique project, I'd like to always have a bit of handwork waiting for me at the end of the evening. I find it a wonderful way to relieve stress and rest my mind after a long day.
What about you? What are your goals for 2017? Have you chosen your word for the year?
I will be joining the linkup at Yvonne @quiltingjetgirl.
Have a wonderful day! Patty