In this post, I am sharing how I tackle piecing batting and I'd love to hear in the comments any tips you might have as well.
Here are the steps I use to piece my batting (reference numbered photos below):
- Find two pieces of batting that are roughly the same size where you want to join them
- Overlap them about 1 to 1 1/2''
- With your rotary cutter, cut a wavy line
- Pull away the extra bit of batting and discard. The two pieces will fit nicely together.
- Using an open zig-zag stitch on your machine, slowly sew the two pieces together. They are not overlapped but just butted against each other
- Enjoy your new piece of larger batting and use it as it were one piece.
You can use the same zig-zag technique on batting with a straight edge but I find that a little easier to find in the finished product.
I'll be linking up with Tips & Tutorials Tuesday.
Have a wonderful day! Patty