Time to mind your p's and q's* ! Next set of blocks in the repeat QAL are available!
(*Origin of this expression seems to be uncertain - I'm going with the care the printer had to take to avoid confusing these letters. Seems applicable to paper piecing since the block prints backwards and the q will look like a p during assembly.)
Paper piecing patterns are available today for the letters p & q. Links to the patterns for the vowels - a, e, i & u - can be found here.)
- Download the paper piecing pattern for the letters p & q. Note this download has TWO (2) information pages before the actual paper piece pattern sheets so only print the paper piece patterns on your special paper! (This is your personal copy of the pattern. Please don't share it with others - just send them to my blog and they can get their very own!)
- You'll need two (2) p's and one (1) q so just print one (1) copy of each of the paper piece pattern.
- The letters p & q will be trimmed to 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 '' and will be 5 x 4 '' in the finished quilt.
If you are making the smaller quilt quilt and piecing the letters traditionally, you can get the pattern for the q block here.. (This is your personal copy of the pattern. Please don't share it with others - just send them to my blog and they can get their very own!)
- For overall information on the QAL including any pattern updates, sponsor information and overall schedule, please visit the main repeat QAL page.
- There was a correction to the letter i pattern - make sure you check it out!
- Download a copy of the repeat QAL coloring sheet.
Share progress photos in the Elm Street Quilts QAL Facebook group. Come cheer on others and make new friends.
Don't use Facebook? Share your progress on Instagram. Make sure your tag the photo with@elmstreetquilts and use #ESQrepeatQAL as the social tag.
Don't use Instagram either? Send me a progress photo via email to elmstreetquilts at gmail dot com.
Have a wonderful day! Patty