Diamonds are a girl's best friend - even when they are not the shiny, precious kind!
This mini quilt measures 9 1/2" square and can be put together quickly.
You'll need the following materials:
- 18 squares of fabric, each 2 1/2"
- 18 square of background fabric, each 2 1/2"
- 12" square of backing material
- 12" square of batting
- 1 strip WOF (width of fabric) for binding. I cut mine at 1 1/2" for a thin binding
- Create 18 half-square triangles (HST) following the instructions here. Press and trim each to 2".
- Create 9 blocks - each block will use two sets of HST. To assemble blocks, lay 2 sets of contrasting HST as shown in photo.
- Sew top row and bottom row together. Leave blocks connected (see that chain of thread?).
- Sew top and bottom together. Press.
- Assemble your 9 blocks in a pleasing arrangement and assemble rows.
Your mini quilt top will now measure 9 1/2" square. Press.
Quilt as desired. For this sample, I did dense straight line quilting. My first step was to stabilize the piece by sewing the a straight line through the centers of the blocks and then sewing around the edge of the entire piece.
The binding was cut at 1 1/2" and sewed on at something less than 1/4" to avoid loosing too much of the diamond points.
This quilt was also published on my blog A Stitch in Time.
Have a wonderful day! Patty