So what has been accomplished in 2020 so far?
Before the pandemic was truly upon us, I enjoyed a wonderful trip to QuiltCon in Ashville.
There are also over 100 masks I never expected to make. I've lost count on the actual number and stopped taking photos of them long ago. My extended family prefers this style and I make them to allow for a filter pocket. I've made several of the more fitted style but apparently haven't taken any photos.
A number of finishes - two of these are laps sized while the rest are baby sized or smaller. I just love the explosion of color in the this photo!
Kristin and I ran a successful QAL focus on hand piecing. We called the pattern Book Club and named the blocks after characters in our favorite novels.
My quilt Astro was a Modern Quilt Guild quilt of the month.
|Image credit: Modern Quilt Guild
I've also got some other projects underway that are designed to take awhile - my 2020 temperature quilt, my hand pieced stretched hexies, and my (now completed) 100 day project.
Reflecting back has turned out to be a positive exercise - I've got more to show for the year than I expected. When the year began, I gave myself a set of goals. How am I doing?
- Participate in a group quilt for submission to QuiltCon 2021- Nothing on this one yet besides making blocks for our guilds submission to the charity challenge
- Submit new quilt design for publish - have a second quilt publish coming out soon, nothing yet submitted for 2021
- Improve my design skills through weekly challenges - some progress on this
- Keep pushing my boundaries on color - some progress on this
- Collaborate with other quilters/bloggers on a project - Book Club QAL for the win!
- Encourage participation in One Monthly Goal - some progress
- Figure out how the purpose of the ESQ Facebook group - No action
- Publish tutorials at least quarterly - On target for this - there were several tutorials with the QAL and I've another one planned for the summer.
- Practice and perfect a new FMQ design - no progress on this
- Practice my photography flat shot - no progress on this
- Do more with the fabric I already own - oddly enough, the pandemic is helping me attain this goal as I am just using stash
- Improve my technique in quilting - it's all about the curve!
Have a wonderful day! Patty