Remember this quilt?
For a few weeks, I've made very little progress on my daughter's quilt for her freshman dorm. Once the words were assembled and rows created, I got stuck on how to finish off the quilt.
I laid it out of the floor and started auditioning fabric. (Thanks to Mary Ann (see this post), I've no shortage of fabric from the Dear Stella line to play with!)
The fabric that surrounds each of the words brings big blocks of a single fabric so the goal was to continue that look (as opposed to smaller squares of the prints) but to do so in a way that adds interest.
I also wanted to use more of the awesome print used with the letters.
And maybe room for my favorite block - the flying geese!
This is what I've come up with! I'm making variations on these geese units and they will frame the words. The geese offer both interest and a neat transition to the edge of the quilt.
I've now a pile of fabric ready to be made into geese. Can't wait to share the results!
Have a wonderful day!