Welcome to 2016!
I wish you a year of health and happiness filled with family, friends and fabric!
Word16 officially begins now!
Want to join in?
- Choose one word (or a small phrase) that will become your focal point for the year.
- Make a mini quilt - as simple or as fancy as you want - so that you can place that mini quilt somewhere for daily inspiration. (And to keep it simple - as long as there is a word on fabric it counts. You don't have to stitch the word on - you can write it on. You don't have to quilt your finish - maybe it is a small embroidery project.)
- Share your mini and a few words on why you choose the word and join the linky party. Then officially enter the giveaway here.
Terrific sponsorship from Chalk Lots and Green Fairy Quilts with prizes to be awarded (randomly) to participants!
Now before you link up, let me tell you about my word for 2016 - Discover.
In August of last year, I retired from my corporate job after well over 30 years. I wanted more time for family before my youngest headed off to college. I wanted more time for me. I wanted more time to write.
So why discover?
I want to -
- Discover a balance for my day of friends, family, exercise and my writing
- Discover whether I have what it takes to become a published author
- Discover how to grow the community around my blog
Your turn now - share and then go visit others. The linky will be open for the month of January. During the month, I'll also share word quilts I made for family members as well as highlights from participants.
After you share, officially enter the giveaway here.
2016 - I'm ready for you. A year of Discovery!
Happy New Year!!
Have a wonderful day! Patty